View products View Gel joints Break video
Gel filled underground connections’ joints
Gel joints Break series is suitable to guarantee insulation of low voltage main and shunted, single-pole and multi-pole connections ranging from 0,6/1 kV.
The list of products is made up of a series for main connections and a series for shunted connections. The first series allows single-pole and multi-pole connections with max. section respectively of 1×185 mm² and 4×25 mm²; the second series allows single-pole and multi-pole shunted connections with max. section respectively of 1×120 mm² e 4×10 mm².
The insulation phase in each joint is made with a separator included in the kit or with the innovative modular insulated terminals, up to five phases with max. section of 35 mm².
- Protection degree IP68
- Operating temperature from -20 °C to +90 °C
- EN 50393 (0.6/1 kV)
- EN 60529
- RoHS Directive 2011/65/EC
- 20-37/2-1, 20-37/7
- EN 60695-2-11
|Components and characteristics|
- Two polypropylene hinged shells with patented water tight system, made up of a longitudinal ribbing functioning as the gel containing bulkhead. At both ends there are pre-fractured walls that allow gel overflowing, ensuring a good water tightness.
- Wire slipping is avoided in longitudinal direction thanks to ribbing at the ends of the shells and in transversal direction thanks to wire fixing with tie-wraps included in the package.
- Patented separator made up of two notched plates that allow a reciprocal jointing and two protrusions that block the plates.
- There are two holes at the ends of each model to insert and fix tie-wraps. Joint opening can occur only using a tool according to norm CEI 64-8.
- Re-enterable connection
- High mechanical strength with wide range of operating temperature
- Fast laying
- Cross-linked gel in the two shells (avoiding additional casting)
- Versatility of application, even in submerged conditions
- High watertight properties
- High dielectric strength
- Non-sliding wires
- High strength against chemical agents or UV rays
- No expiration date