Early streamer emission (ESE) lightning rods – nimbus® is the series of new generation lightning rods with electronic early streaming emission (ESE). Radius of protection up to 100 m (based on emission times of 15 μs, 30 μs, 45 μs and 60 μs). Complies with standards NF C 17-102:2011, UNE 21186:2011, CTE SU 8.
- ESE electronic technology, unlike passive Faradization systems with air terminals, makes active use of atmospheric gradient to generate ionization in order to increase the height of the lightning impact point above the tip of the rod, thus increasing the volume protected. This facilitates the protection of large areas, simplifying and reducing material and installation costs.
- nimbus® has evolved from our successful and reliable range of Nimbus CPT lightning rods, which protect more than 30,000 installations worldwide, a fact that bears witness to its performance, quality and warranty and our service.
- The new nimbus® lightning rods exceed the requirements of the new version of standard NF C 17-102 v2011, with the goal of making them more robust, without sacrificing their compact size and with a significant weight reduction.
- The nimbus® 15, 30, 45 and 60 replace respectively the nimbus® CPT CPT-L, CPT-1, CPT-2 and CPT-3.
- To ensure the proper functioning of a lightning rod with this technology, demand ESE rods with Bureau Veritas quality certificate and a test certificate in accordance with NF C 17-102:2011 and UNE 21186:2011, from a laboratory accredited by a regulatory body (e.g. ENAC-Spain, COFRAC-France).
Features and Benefits
- Tested with lightning currents up to 200 kA (10/350 µs).
- Highest Quality: AISI 316 stainless steel and non-expendable components.
- Tested and certified by independent laboratories.
- Bureau Veritas Certification.
- Easy installation (and transport) thanks to its new design.
- Testable in-situ with the Cirprotec LR tester.
- 10-year extended guarantee. Register your Nimbus lightning rod here.